Monday, December 12, 2011

IRL fans heading in to Belle Island Dixon has a 43 pt lead, can he be beat?

I'm hoping for a Helio Miracle to happen, what do you all think? I know its a long shot.|||Go anybody but Dixon!|||Long shot but still possible.





Alan Kulwicki overcame a nearly 250 point deficit in 1992 to win the Winston Cup in NASCAR. That was 7th in points with under 10 races to go of the 36 in the racing season.|||The most a driver can make up is 40 points per race. If Dixon finishes in the last 2 spots and Helio wins, its a 3 point margin. Unlikely but possible.|||You know after last week I have great admiration for Helio and his teammate. Watching Helio in victory lane was priceless. I'm pulling for Helio the rest of the way out!|||Not a long shot at all.


Helio doesn't have to bow down to anyone.


Dixon knows this isn't over. He was pissed.


He's won six races and still hasn't shed Helio.


Like I said before..Helio has been RIGHT THERE.


I'm looking for a real shootout. Dixon isn't just gonna roll over and he's gonna be pushing hard. Perhaps their teamates (Briscoe or Wheldon) could play a role... I know it's not desired but teams "help" each other in ALL series...period..


What about Danica? she got a top 5 last week and got 2nd at Detroit last year...


I hope Tony Kanaan wins..





|||It's entirely possible for Dixon to be overtaken in the points....With the street courses coming up, Dixon could have a bad qualifying day, he could clip a barrier, someone could run into the back of him in the pit lane, his gearbox could break.....there's a million things that could go wrong for him. It's just racing, and that's why we watch it! :)|||It is a long shot in my opinion, but I think Helio might be able to do it. 43 points is a lot to make up in only two races. Even if Helio does catch up, he still has to pass Dixon, which would be difficult. A lot can happen in two races though, we'll see.|||Although I am hoping that Dixon will win the championship this year, it certainly isn't over until the final checkered flag waves. Nothing against Helio, I like him too. And, I've always been a TK fan. But, I think it's Dixon's title to lose.|||I am a kiwi and Scott Dixon has been the best racer to come out of New Zealand since Denny Hulme and Bruce McLaren so I will be cheering him on but Helio is probably the best driver to grace the sport in a very long time and have no doubt he can easily make up the 43 point deficit if Scott isn't on his game and of the course the factor of mechanical problems etc. this will be another tense end to the championship but bring it on, the fans are ready.|||yea Hope Helio beat Dixon=]

No comments:

Post a Comment