Monday, December 12, 2011

Did the habs fans really boo the US anthem at the belle center last night?

i heard this earlier today on this site.....honestly did they really? i just want to know. thanks :o)|||On the other side of the coin, game 6 in Vancouver the US anthem received a rousing cheer as it ended. It's always just a few twits that start this nonsense on either side of the border.|||I don't know, I didn't hear it, I was busy watching a game. They haven't boo'd the anthem in a while now, and it was nice to hear. But it's possible. The Pens boo'd the Canadian anthem a few nights ago. who cares, honestly?! I know what my anthem means to me, what anyone else thinks doesn't change my life. Though I do think it's very very rude!!





EDIT: passion...are you kidding me? yes, me and the rest of Montreal misheard it. Please. Like pens fans are angels. There are dumb fans everywhere and that includes pens.





how do you explain the guy from Wisconsin hmm if I'm not mistaken, that would be an American...who got arrested looting yesterday in Montreal along with the other morons? the answer would be..there are morons everywhere.





Kay - I understand, and yes, it's happened, unfortunately it happens often. I just get annoyed at those who think they are holier than though





Edit: Passion - I know how to spell Thou (don't know why I put though)...give me a friggen break, this isn't english class anyhow|||It happens all the time in more places than the Bell Centre. A handful of people boo the other country's national anthem, and then everyone who wasn't there hears rumors that the entire crowd booed at the top of their lungs.





There are over 20,000 people in that crowd, and all it takes is a dozen idiots to make the whole team look bad. All the bad things you hear about Habs fans have some truth to them, but only because you hear about the 0.01% of them that completely suck. The rest us respect the game and the players, teams and nations who play it.|||Habs fans have been known for booing the anthem. They did it when they were playing the bruins a couple of years ago...|||The Pens fans never booed the Canadian national anthem... Obviously someone misheard something.


But yeah, the Habs fans do that all the time. Did you hear about the riots last night? I'm not going to say anything about all Habs fans in general, because a lot of people in my family are huge fans of theirs, but as a Penguins fan, I am disgusted by what happened last night.





Edit: ss98 - I'm a Canadian, so don't act like I'm hating on Canadians simply because I like the Penguins. Of course there are stupid fans everywhere, but what happened in Montreal yesterday was downright disrespectful.





And I don't think I'm holier than THOU (at least spell it right, come on). You obviously think I'm standing up for Americans and am saying that Canadians are disrespectful or something. Well obviously, given my nationality, I'm not. I just think that the way some (not all) Montreal fans handle themselves is ridiculous.|||It's all for fun. Country rivalries.|||I know 51 teenagers got arrested after the game for rioting in Montreal. Canada is turning into 1990's USA!|||I was there on Monday with my son, 20 000 + people, maybe 10 or so booed the anthem. In a crowd that big there's bound to be a few morons.|||If they did, that's highly disrespectful and uncalled for i mean come on, it goes both ways have respect for both country's, that being said i say **** both anthems their like nails on chalkboard to my ears i just want to watch a good hockey game not listen to an obese women attempt to sing, i mean no disrespect to either country im just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment