Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can you help me understand my horses race history?

I know little to nothing about the art and science of horse racing. Can anyone help me understand what all of this imformation on my horses race history is? I get the basics, where he raced, how he placed, how much he won etc but what I am specifically looking for is;





#of Track: I know what the tracks listed are (he raced in Boise Idaho and Portland Oregon) but what are the numbers before the tracks. He has 1-4 listed before the Boise track and 6 listed before the Portland track. Are these post positions?





Between #of track and distance: they all say ft except for one that says sy





Splits: Look like time values but for what?





Type: he has CLM, MCL and MSW listed.





Points of Call: A main number followed by a a superscript number then a fraction.





Between weight and first three finishers a list of numbers ranging from 2.80 to 49.60





I know that he was pretty bad, he raced for 2 years with career earnings of $826.





Any help would be appreciated, just for my own curiosity. Thanks!|||I know how to read an actual program, but this makes it more complicated.





Ft= the track was fast, aka-good racing condition


sy= means slippery or slow, one of the two


yes those are post positons


CLM=claiming race-meaning someone could claim him, aka buy him


MCL- Maiden claming-meaning he hasn't browkne his meadien


Maiden Special Weight- he had a special weight


The ranging numbers are how much was won, by betters for first, second, or third





Hope I helped








EDIT:: The splits are what tiem each section of the race was completed. Like, quarter mile in 24 seconds, half in 46 seconds, full mile in a minute flat, stuff like that.|||I believe the Points of Call would be his place and time at the various timing poles located around the track. Like he did 12 furloughs in 3 seconds and was in 1st place as an example. Or perhaps they are given in increments as portions of a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment